Below is a checklist of the type of documentation a lender will expect you to provide. Use this to begin organizing your information.
Let us offer you a word of caution as you get started…
There is more that goes into presenting your loan request than simply handing over a stack of financial reports and project information. Not only do you need to provide required information, but you need in presented in the language that lenders use when evaluating loan requests. The good news is… We can help!!
CURRENT YEAR TO DATE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- YTD Income and Expense Statement (also referred to as a P&L)
- Budget Comparison (projected budget as compared to actuals)
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Statements and/or Quarterly Statements that verify cash and investments
YEAR END FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE (3) YEARS
- Income and Expense Statements
- Budget Comparisons
- Balance Sheets
SUMMARY OF ALL OUTSTANDING DEBT
- Original loan amount
- Interest Rate
- Origination and maturity dates
- What are you trying to accomplish? When? Why?
- How much money are you looking to borrow?
- Project Information (construction documents, contractor information, target purchase area, etc…)
- YTD average attendance trends (by program, by age)
- Previous three years attendance trends (by program, by age)
- Membership numbers
- YTD Giving Units
- Total annual giving for your top 15 Donors – listed individually (no names)
- Community demographics (if available)
GOVERNMENT OF THE ORGANIZATION
- Articles of Incorporation
- Brief history
- Explanation of other entities you are formally affiliated with
- Leadership bio’s
For your convenience, we have provided a link to download a .pdf of the checklist.